Learn to surf with Scarborough surf school!
Our accredited surf school is located at the stunning Cayton bay, with our beautiful unspoilt beach and enviable reputation there’s no better place to hit the surf! Whether your a complete beginner or want to refresh your surf skills our group lessons are a fun and affordable pathway to get you up and riding waves.
Our Group Surfing Lessons introduce you to this exciting and fun sport, teaching you the basics from beach awareness through to stand up surfing. We will kit you up in 5mm wetsuits and accessories, before hitting the surf on Cayton Bay. We use premium quality Alder foam surfboards in a selection of sizes for our Surfing Lessons as they offer the most stable platform on which to learn.
After your session, we have free hot showers available, plus hot drinks and snacks from our Surf Shop.
Group Surfing lessons with Scarborough Surf School are suitable for all ages and abilities, call us now to book your lesson this summer and begin your surfing journey!
Your Group Surfing Lesson format:
- Warm up and stretch
- Water safety, Equipment talk
- Paddling Technique, Board position.
- Water entry and Catching white-water.
- Pop-Up technique on the beach.
- Back in the water to practice Pop-Up
- Riding waves
- Bring with you – Towel, Sun cream, Water, Swimwear.
- Lessons run for 2hrs, allow 30 minutes either side for changing.
- Let us know if you have a medical conditions or injuries.
- Lessons are run in waist deep water, but please tell us if you are nervous and we can look after you.
- Feel free to bring waterproof cameras.