Learn to surf at Scarborough Surf School on the stunning Yorkshire coast and prepare to get highly addicted. Our Taster Surfing Lessons introduce you to this exhilarating and fun sport, teaching you the basics, from beach safety to stand up surfing.
Have you always dreamed of learning to surf? Is riding a wave on your bucket list? Or maybe you’re just interested to find out what all the fuss is about with the surfing lifestyle. Well, look no further, visit Scarborough Surf School and prepare to get truly hooked! Here at our Activity Centre and Surf School, we offer Taster lessons for all first-time surfers whatever your motivation.
Our Group Surfing Lessons introduce you to this exciting and fun sport, teaching you the basics from beach awareness through to stand up surfing. We will kit you up in 5mm wetsuits and accessories, before hitting the surf on Cayton Bay. We use premium quality Alder foam surfboards in a selection of sizes for our Surfing Lessons as they offer the most stable platform on which to learn.
After your session, we have free hot showers available, plus hot drinks and snacks from our Surf Shop!
Group Surfing lessons with Scarborough Surf School are suitable for all ages and abilities, call us now to book your lesson this summer and begin your surfing journey!
Your Group Surfing Lesson format:
- Warm up and stretch
- Water safety, Equipment talk
- Paddling Technique, Board position.
- Water entry and Catching white-water.
- Pop-Up technique on the beach.
- Back in the water to practice Pop-Up
- Bring with you – Towel, Sun cream, Water, Swimming costume.
- Lessons run for 2hrs, allow 30 minutes either side for changing.
- Let us know if you have a medical condition, or you are injured.
- Lessons are run in waist deep water, but please tell us if you are nervous and we can look after you.
- Feel free to bring waterproof cameras.